Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very creamy, full of flavor. Satisfying and Hubby approved!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 small celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 14 ounces roasted garlic seasoned chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Melt butter in heavy bottomed pan. While butter is melting cut up vegetables.
- Saute carrots and for 2 minutes. Add celery and saute for 2 minutes longer. Add onion and saute until onions are clear. Add the potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Do not overcook the potatoes.
- Add salt and course ground pepper to taste. Stir in cream and heat until steamy, almost boiling.
- Serve with saltines.
This made a great bowl of soup. The roasted garlic flavor came thru nicely. I used half and half rather than heavy cream and served with cornbread. Made for Pick A chef Spring 2014.
This was absolutely fantastic!!! I made it and had nothing but compliments about it! I robly used more potatoes than asked for, but it turned out great for me....I love potatoes! LOL I followed the recipe exactly (other than the potatoes) and it was heaven! Thanks for a great dinner!