Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A creamy potato salad that is simple to make, and is a sure crowd pleaser. I get asked to bring this to every barbeque I go to.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 (250 g) jarcreamy mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 eggs
- Combine mayonnaise, finely diced onion and crushed garlic cloves in container with a lid.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- (This is so the flavour of the garlic and onion will be picked up by the mayonnaise) Wash potatoes and cube, leaving the skin on.
- Boil until tender, and skin is SLIGHTLY coming away.
- The potatoes will be slightly overcooked by potato salad measures, but this only adds to the creaminess.
- Set aside to cool.
- At the same time you can hardboil the eggs.
- Once eggs are cooled, cut in quarters, lengthways and set aside.
- Place cooled potatoes in large bowl and add the mayonnaise mixture, corn kernals and chives.
- Mix well.
- The last step is to add the eggs.
- Place them throughout the salad, being careful not to mix them in too much, as they will lose their yolk and discolour the salad.
I reserve 5 stars for "super exceptional" recipies... so this recipe gets a very well deserved 4 stars because indeed, it's creamy and yummy. I'm comparing this recipe to an amazing shop bought one which I'd love to emulate, this one isn't quite as good but it's not terribly far off either. I'd make this again and recommend it to others with pleasure while I continue my search :) Thanks!
I found this recipe to be overwhelmingly delicious. The creaminess is exactly what today's potato salads have been missing!