This is a delicious, super quick side or main dish. I got it from the back of a pasta box and it is yummy!
- 1 (1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box penne rigate, cooked as directed, drained and kept hot
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and add garlic in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.
This recipe is so garlicky and so creamy and sooooo easy to make. I got home from work, was incredibly tired and just wanted a filling meal. This one worked perfectly because it really didn't take much more than 15 minutes and tasted wonderfully. Next time, I might try adding some frozen peas and sliced mushrooms, but the recipe is great as is.
I had never tried making a creamy pasta anything, but this was GREAT! I added some stir-fry sliced chicken sauteed in garlic and my husband wanted to know when I'd be making it again. Thanks!
Just like the recipe title, this is creamy and garlicky... yum! I used chicken broth where there was an option and thought it tasted wonderful. This is quick, easy, and a great dish to make during the busy work week.