From the October 1995 Bon Appetit. Feel free to substitute the peas with broccoli or sundried tomatoes or any other veggie that appeals to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms or 12 ounces button mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inches pieces
- 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces other tubular pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 8 slices prosciutto, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Bring broth, cream, garlic, and crushed red pepper to boil in medium saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; cover and keep warm.
- 5Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add mushrooms; saute until brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 9Drain pasta and return to pot.
- 10Add cream mixture, mushrooms and peas and stir over low heat until well coated with sauce, about 3 minutes.
- 11Mix in prosciutto.
- 12Cover and let stand 1 minute.
- 13Transfer to bowl. Serve, passing additional Parmesan cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlic Pasta With Mushrooms and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: