This one is sure to be a hit with you and your family if you love garlic in your mashed potatoes. Feel free to add more garlic than the recipe calls for. This is my slightly-altered version of a recipe found at The Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
- 2Place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- 4Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- 5Heat the heavy cream and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until cream is simmering.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside.
- 7Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- 8Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture, salt, and Parmesan; stir to combine.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.0
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.1 mg
- Sodium 1128.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g