Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one is sure to be a hit with you and your family if you love garlic in your mashed potatoes. Feel free to add more garlic than the recipe calls for. This is my slightly-altered version of a recipe found at The Food Network.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the heavy cream and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until cream is simmering.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture, salt, and Parmesan; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Had these tonight with meatloaf. This will be the way I prepare Mashed potatoes from now on. Absolutely delish!! Thanks for sharing, congrats on your football pool win!
Although I did cut this recipe in half, the results were outstanding and this comes from someone who LOVES potatoes!!!! Very creamy, and I love garlic in my mashed spuds. A keeper for sure! Thank you Fauve. :o)