Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very smooth and creamy side dish. It's simple to make and uses ingredients that most people have on hand. You can make it early in the day and then just pop it in the oven for dinner that evening. The prep time includes boiling the potatoes.
- 6 potatoes, peeled,cubed and boiled
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Put everything, except the cheddar cheese in a large pot or bowl.
- Using a mixer blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a casserole dish that's been sprayed lightly with cooking oil.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes just until cheese melts.
YUM!!! This is a cheesy, creamy, garlicy sensation! lol.. I made 1/2 of the recipe.. because I realized that I didnt have enough potatoes on hand. I only had 6 potatoes total..and wanted to make another potato dish I found on zaar.. so I made 1/2 the recipe. Instead of blending with a mixer, I did this by hand with a potato masher..(I DID LOTS OF MASHING!!) I like my potatoes a little rustic haha :-) It was splendid though!! This really topped the meal off... thanks junebug!!!
3/24/08 I made this again for Easter but instead mixed in the cheddar and topped with French Fried onions. I didn't think it could be any better than it was originally, but wow! Ten stars this way. (12/25/07)Wonderful creamy potatoes. I used eight potatoes since mine were on the small side. Loved the garlic and cream cheese combo.
I made this as part of my Mother's Day dinner and had my parents as guests. It went over great! Everyone liked it! Mom insisted on getting the recipe. I reheated the single serving that was left-over in the microwave the next day for my lunch and that worked well too! Thank you for another winning recipe Junebug!