Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be prepared a day ahead. Great to use for something to nibble on before a big party, BBQ, or a holiday meal. Serve with cauliflower and broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, carrot and celery sticks, bell pepper strips, and any other veggies you have.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (make sure it is small)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables.
This is a nice, flavourful dip that is quick to whip up. With a bit more cream cheese this could also become a great spread. I can also see this being really good in a pita sandwich
YUM YUM YUM...served this simple, flavorful recipe with fresh veggies and bagel crisps and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact it was lower in fat than my normal "dip" recipes.
Congratulations on your Football Pool 2012 win!!!