Bonnie Traynor's Note:
Chicken breast in a complex, savory creamy sauce served over noodles (or rice). No salt needed; other ingredients add plenty of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breast halves, large boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bouillon, chicken (Better Than Bouillon)
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup half-and-half (or whipping cream)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- 1Melt coconut oil in large saute pan.
- 2Saute chopped onion in coconut oil, adding garlic powder and lemon juice to the saute.
- 3When onions are softened, add the cubed chicken, and saute chicken until cooked almost through. Do not drain.
- 4Add bouillon, ginger paste, grated Parmesan, and flour, stirring thoroughly until flour is evenly combined.
- 5Add half and half, stir until combined.
- 6Put the noodles on in boiling water per package directions; they cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Lower heat on chicken mixture to medium-low, let it cook down while the noodles are boiling.
- 8With 1 minute left on noodles, add 1 tbsp of butter to the chicken mixture to finish the sauce. Stir gently.
- 9Drain noodles, serve the chicken and sauce mixture over the noodles and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlic Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 167.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yolk-free egg noodles