Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken breast in a complex, savory creamy sauce served over noodles (or rice). No salt needed; other ingredients add plenty of flavor!
- 3 chicken breast halves, large boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bouillon, chicken (Better Than Bouillon)
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (or whipping cream)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- Melt coconut oil in large saute pan.
- Saute chopped onion in coconut oil, adding garlic powder and lemon juice to the saute.
- When onions are softened, add the cubed chicken, and saute chicken until cooked almost through. Do not drain.
- Add bouillon, ginger paste, grated Parmesan, and flour, stirring thoroughly until flour is evenly combined.
- Add half and half, stir until combined.
- Put the noodles on in boiling water per package directions; they cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Lower heat on chicken mixture to medium-low, let it cook down while the noodles are boiling.
- With 1 minute left on noodles, add 1 tbsp of butter to the chicken mixture to finish the sauce. Stir gently.
- Drain noodles, serve the chicken and sauce mixture over the noodles and enjoy!