Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from Junior's restaurant in Brooklyn, NY cookbook. I used 1 bag of preshredded coleslaw mix, 1 cup of mayonnaise but the same amount of vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. This coleslaw was so good and creamy, we love garlic. It is best to make this the day before to give it time to get nice and creamy. Cook time of 24 hours is the marinating time.
- 2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise, do not use the light mayo
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large carrots, peeled shredded (1/2 pound)
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (2 pounds)
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, garlic, pepper and salt together in a bowl until well blended.
- Add the shredded carrot and cabbage to the mixture and mix well making sure to coat everything.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Mix well again before serving.