Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This simple recipe developed by my father is delicious to any garlic lover. This is a great one dish meal when served over pasta or rice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet over medium/low heat and add garlic.
- When garlic becomes fragrant add the chicken and sour cream, increase heat.
- Cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly and sauce has slightly reduced.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper and allow flavors to blend.
- Serve chicken over rice or pasta with extra sauce.
We absolutely adore this! I printed it out in 2006 and have used it many times since, just getting around to rating it now. I like to make it with the following adjustments: first, I use about twice the garlic and cut up the chicken into chunks so it will cook faster; also I add the chicken before the sour cream (I use low fat to save calories) and do not increase the heat at this point because I do not want to scorch the garlic and make it bitter; I usually put some fresh cut up mushrooms in to cook with the chicken. One thing I read in another review is to use basil pesto instead of fresh parsley so I often do that just using about one tablespoon, or I've used fresh julienned basil before, too. I like to serve it over pasta. Cooking this dish gives an aroma to the whole house. Easy and fabulous this is a great way to make a chicken dish fast! Thanks for posting and introducing me to a new favorite recipe!
Didn't care for this at all...
This is a yummy comfort-food recipe. I sauted the garlic and added onion. Then, browned the chicken breasts for a bit of color. I put it all together with a little cream cheese in a casserole dish and baked for 45 minutes or so. It was easy and tasty. Served it with plain cous cous - which was flavored well with the extra sauce. Thanks for a simple, tasty meal.