Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
This was really good! I saw this recipe on Light & Tasty website & am glad to have a chance to review it. I don't like mushrooms but I used diced turkey pepperoni-gave it a nice spicy kick. I used whole wheat angel hair pasta & no thyme-used oregano instead. I used reduced fat mozzarella but didn't have enough, so I used some reduced fat feta. Next time I'm going to use a little less flour as the white sauce was kinda of thick, but the taste was great. A little black pepper sprinkled on top livened things up. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and carrots in oil until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In another saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme, and basil until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add the vegetables; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.