Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to bring this salad to summer get togethers. The pudding makes it creamy and the blend of fruits are a tasty summer blend. You can't go wrong with this recipe! Time to make does not include the 1 hour chill time.
- 1 (30 ounce) can fruit cocktail in light syrup, do not drain (or two 17 oz. cans)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- mini marshmallows
- In a bowl with lid, add fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges.
- Slice cherries in half and add to the other fruits.
- Add package of instant vanilla pudding.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with Mini Marshmallows.
- Note: Experiment with your own favorite fruits.
- I have added blueberries and strawberries from time to time.
I used no sugar added fruit cocktail and oranges. I didn't have the cherries and used sugar free vanilla pudding. This was something different that we enjoyed.
We like this very much! It goes very well with ham, other pork or chicken I think. It's pretty sweet, so it works well for dessert too. We'll be enjoying it with our Easter ham tomorrow.
This recipe is wonderful. I used 1 can each fruit cocktail, peaches, and pears and a small can of mandarin oranges because that's what I had on hand. I added about 1 cup of whipped topping so that the fruit/pudding mixture wasn't so sweet. YUMMY!! Thanks Carrie!!