Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fruit salad is the best. I served it for the holidays and everyone wanted more. This recipe I got off the internet on the Southernfood.com site. Lots of good recipes.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine fruits in a large bowl; set aside In a small mixing bowl,combine pudding mix, milk, and orange juice concentrate.
- Beat with an electric hand-held mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Fold mixture into the fruit mixture.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
This fruit salad is very good. The only thing that we did not care for was the apple. I think the texture and flavor did not blend well with the pineapple, peaches, and mandarin oranges. The pudding mixture was tasty and loved the orange flavor. Do let this chill completley before serving.
This is so delicious and refreshing! Make sure you do chill it thoroughly, that is how it gets real creamy.
I made this for my company luncheon and it disappeared quickly. However, I used a can of fruit cocktail instead of the apples because I like a soft, smooth texture. I guess any kind of canned fruit would work.