Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, inexpensive and a healthy treat for kids.
- 1⁄2 cup fruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh fruit
- 1 cup light cream (or milk mixed with 1/2 c dry milk)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- Mix together fruit, juice and cream.
- Whip in honey and vanilla until fruit mixture is well blended.
- Freeze in a freezer container or an icecube tray for 40 minutes.
- Spoon the slightly frozen mixture out into posicle molds or paper cups insert popsicle sticks Freeze until firm.
Well, this just did not work for us. I used pineapple and pineapple juice and followed the rest of the recipe perfectly. My daughter did eat one, but my son and I both took 1 bite and then could not eat more. The taste was just wrong. I'm sorry, I really wanted to like these. But I post this mainly to let people know that just pineapple is not a good choice! I will probably try again with berries and then re-submit.
These were pretty good! I used orange/tangerine juice and pineapple for fruit. The texture was just wonderful. I think I will use different fruit when I make this again - and I WILL make it again.