Recipe by chef FIFI
Adapted from Cool Whip. Wonderful summer time no bake fruit pie.
Top Review by dmr2000_1779379
I was looking for a quick and easy dessert using the ingredients I had on hand and with just one substitution, this was it. I substituted the cream cheese with sour cream and used less milk to compensate for the liquid in sour cream verse cream cheese. We ate the pie 1/2 hour before the full set time and it was firm enough to cut without having an "ooozy" mess. This is a keeper and a remake again. Thanks Food.com
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling or 21 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 6 ounces pre-made graham cracker crust (or cookie crust)
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces milk
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (extra creamy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine package of cream cheese with milk. Using a wire whisk beat mixture.
- Once well blended and creamy, add pudding mix. Continue to beat until blended.
- Fold in 1/2 of the tub of cool whip(4oz). Place 1/2 of the pie filling on top of pie crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Place cream cheese mixture over the pie filling.
- Then spread the rest of the pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture.
- The top with remaining cool whip. Refrigerate for approximately 3 hours.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.