Recipe by Monica in PA
A great recipe for children's cakes. Delicious flavor and not TOO sweet. You may substitute the flavor of pudding to your own preference.You will love this for sure!
Top Review by yahtzee100
I use this frosting for all my cakes. You can vary the amount of cream cheese and or whip cream to whatever size cake you want easily. Also very versatile in flavoring. Great with low fat cream cheese and/or sugar free pudding!!! Everyone compliments me on it and asks me for the recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 chocolate pudding mix (or flavor of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and brown sugar completely in a small saucepan.
- Pour into mixing bowl and add pudding mix, vanilla, and milk.
- Add softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Refrigerate frosting till ready to use.
- Frost cake or refrigerate till ready to serve.