Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great recipe for children's cakes. Delicious flavor and not TOO sweet. You may substitute the flavor of pudding to your own preference.You will love this for sure!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 chocolate pudding mix (or flavor of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt butter and brown sugar completely in a small saucepan.
- Pour into mixing bowl and add pudding mix, vanilla, and milk.
- Add softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Refrigerate frosting till ready to use.
- Frost cake or refrigerate till ready to serve.
I use this frosting for all my cakes. You can vary the amount of cream cheese and or whip cream to whatever size cake you want easily. Also very versatile in flavoring. Great with low fat cream cheese and/or sugar free pudding!!! Everyone compliments me on it and asks me for the recipe.
This gets 5 stars hands down. Eveyone who tasted my cake said the frosting was delicious! It's almost like a mouse. It spread very nicely over the cake. My daughter and I ate half of the batch with a spoon before I frosted my (small) cake. Thanks a million times for posting this recipie. You could easily stir in a little instant coffee for a mocha flaovr. Yum! A+