Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are an onion lover, you will absolutely LOVE these mashed potatoes, this is a simple recipe but oh so good! Use russet potatoes only for this recipe, they make the best mashed potatoes! These go perfect with a roast beef, pork or chicken dinner. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use whipping cream!
Top Review by AmandaMcG
Yummy! I used my food processor to chop up the onion (I only had one onion in my house). They turned out great. I'm sure it would have been even better if I had been able to follow the recipe and use 2 onions. Also, I used 1/2 cup of butter. I don't think 1/3 cup would have been buttery enough for me
- 7 large russet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 large sweet onions (diced about 1/2-inch)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (or use 18% tables cream)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Do this firstly or while potatoes are boiling, in a skillet fry the onions in butter until golden brown (this might take about 15 minutes, and do not drain the butter, if you do you will have to add in more butter anyway!).
- Boil the russets in a large pot of boiling water until fork-tender; drain and transfer the cooked potatoes to a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with the whipping cream and fryed onion/butter mixture until fluffy (I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer for this with the mixing attachment and make certain to mash the potatoes while they are still warm or hot).
- If desired you can add in more whipping cream depending on the consistancy you desire.
- Season with salt and tons of black pepper.