Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A southern tradition.
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook onion in bacon fat for a couple minutes on medium heat.
- Cut the corn from the cob and add to skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper; cook and stir on medium heat until just beginning to brown.
- Add a little half and half (milk, or a combination of both) and continue to cook, stirring, adding more liquid as it begins to evaporate. Add only enough half and half or milk to give it a creamy texture. If using half and half and the consistancy is too thick, add a little milk to thin.
- Continue cooking on low, stirring every now and then, until corn is tender, maybe 10-15 minutes.
A great way to make fresh corn. I made this just as written and it came out perfectly. I'll be using this recipe again as we get more fresh corn. Thanx!
This was delicious! I used milk rather than half-and-half to cut the calories a little. Thanks for a keeper Dumplin!