Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Thank You for sharing this "Very satisfying" and yet low caloried soup. I had this for lunch today and enjoyed it. I tossed into the soup 1 whole bread slice, toasted and cut into bite-sized pieces. Really good recipe.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 cups calcium-enriched soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the tomatoes by dipping them in boiling water for about 30 seconds.
- This loosens the skin and makes it easy to remove.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes in half crosswise and squeeze out the seeds, carefully removing any remaining seeds with a small spoon.
- Dice the tomatoes and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very soft, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the tomato mixture into a blender and puree.
- Add the soy milk and all of the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree.
- At this point you can pour the soup back into the saucepan and heat it to the desired temperature; or you can serve it at room temperature or refrigerate it and serve it cold.