Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in Southern Living. The sauce is incredible. I don't ever bother to seed tomatoes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry bow tie pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups seeded and chopped plum tomatoes (don't really have to seed if you don't want to)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream, cream cheese, and basil. Cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta, sprinkle with Romano cheese.