Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I started an herb garden this spring and made cuttings to get the plants more sun. Thus, I had to quickly find a way to use the fresh herbs, or freeze them. This dressing works great with salad greens, and if you are like me, you are not beneath looking for a snack in the middle of the night, armed with saltine crackers to dip into something.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mixed herbs
- 1 scallion, whites and green tops
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (Colmans) or 1 teaspoon mustard powder (Colmans)
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Add cream to food blender. Add all other ingredients. Pulse until desired consistency. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. It tastes so much better after 24 hours, or so.
This indeed was yummy! I used a combo of dill, basil, a spot of rosemary, chives, parsley, and some lemon oregano all combined together with the other ingredients to produce this happy, lovely, dressing. I followed this exactly, except used some half-in-half instead of whipping cream. I pulsed it until it got much thinner, and it was divine. I added 1 tsp. more of vinegar, just because I like a bit of a tang to it. I will use this often, as this is one lovely recipe. Thanks for posting! Made for Diabetic Forum, Greens Month/Down on the Farm 2012