1/2 Photos of Creamy Fresh Asparagus Casserole
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Springtime brings excellent local fresh asparagus. Try this with your Easter ham dinner for some ahhh and ohhs! Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Snap off tough ends of asparagus and remove scales with knife or vegetable peeler.
- 2Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- 3Cook, covered, in small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 4Melt 2 Tbs. butter in sauce pan over low heat; blend in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5DO NOT BROWN.
- 6Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
- 8Arrange half of asparagus in lightly sprayed baking dish.
- 9Top with egg slices and half of white sauce.
- 11Combine cracker crumbs with butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- 12Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until bubbly and cracker crumbs are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Fresh Asparagus Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 234.1 mg
- Sodium 522.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g