Springtime brings excellent local fresh asparagus. Try this with your Easter ham dinner for some ahhh and ohhs! Enjoy!!
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and remove scales with knife or vegetable peeler.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook, covered, in small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter in sauce pan over low heat; blend in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- DO NOT BROWN.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange half of asparagus in lightly sprayed baking dish.
- Top with egg slices and half of white sauce.
- Combine cracker crumbs with butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until bubbly and cracker crumbs are golden brown.