Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe i cook quite often. It's a family favourite for us because my partner refuses to eat vegetables.. when i'm cooking for company i halve the amountof pasta and add seasonal steamed vegies =)
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts (strips or diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free cream
- 1 (45 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 350 g pasta shells
- Boil and drain pasta shells.
- Stir-fry chicken in a LARGE pan until almost golden brown.
- Turn heat down to low.
- Pour cream over chicken and stir through.
- Add french onion mix, Stir until soup is disolved.
- Mix in pasta shells and/or vegetables until well covered with creamy sauce.
This was very easy to make and the french onion flavor is great!
I have this exact recipe but have adapted it a little. Adding a roughly chopped Spanish Onion and 2 slices of lean bacon (trimmed of fat) as the chicken browns gives some great additional flavour. I would strongly suggest using half pasta and half vegies (such as carrots, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower etc), and also experiment with various types of pasta (spinach pasta is a favourite of mine).