Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful variation on the 'old green bean casserole' with a medley of vegetables instead!
- 2 (1 lb) bags california-blend frozen vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French-fried onions
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen vegetables in a strainer and run warm water to separate and melt ice crystals. Drain very well.
- Spray casserole with Pam. Mix veggies with a little garlic salt and a little of the cream style corn in casserole.
- Top with remaining cream style corn and sprinkle with french fried onions.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake till onions are crispy approximately 5-6 minutes. Serve hot.
- You may divide the vegetable into separate ramikins and then top with creamed corn and onions before baking for presentation as individual portions.
Nice easy dish. We aren't big on creamy dishes so I increased the vegys to 1 1/4 lb (3-4 servings). Next time I will try only 1/2 can cream corn with 1 lb vegys. It was abit on the sweet side so I may try some herbs to see how that works. Quick & tasty dish, thanks for sharing.
Wonderful flavor! Loved this veggie casserole. I made this for a weeknight meal and I think I do like it better than regular green bean casserole. We are not big fans of plain creamed corn, but loved it this way, my kids ate it right up too! I added some extra garlic, salt and pepper just for personal tastes. Thanks for posting, I will be making this again!