Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tasty, filling and very easy to make.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 pint double cream
- 3 ounces strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb haddock or 1 cod fish fillet, skinned and sliced into strips
- 4 ounces sweetcorn
- 8 ounces cooked shelled prawns
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas MK 8.
- Put the potatoes into boiling, salted water and bring back to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the eggs to the pan and cook for a further 8 minutes until the eggs are hard boiled and the potatoes cooked.
- Drain the potatoes. Remove the eggs and cool under cold water, then shell and quarter them.
- In a separate pan, slowly fry the onion in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes, then add the cream and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, lemon juice, mustard and parsley.
- Put the fish, prawns, sweetcorn and eggs into an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and gently mix together.
- Mash the potatoes with a little olive oil, seasoning and nutmeg. Spread over the top of the fish mixture and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are golden.
Lovely fish pie! The only thing I did differently was leave out sweetcorn (as my other half hates it) and add a few chopped capers instead. The addition of mustard in this fish pie version is very good. Made this recipe for Pick a Chef and will make again. Thanks!