Rosie Rob's Note:
Tasty, filling and very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 3 ounces strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb haddock or 1 cod fish fillet, skinned and sliced into strips
- 4 ounces sweetcorn
- 8 ounces cooked shelled prawns
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas MK 8.
- 2Put the potatoes into boiling, salted water and bring back to the boil for 2 minutes.
- 3Carefully add the eggs to the pan and cook for a further 8 minutes until the eggs are hard boiled and the potatoes cooked.
- 4Drain the potatoes. Remove the eggs and cool under cold water, then shell and quarter them.
- 5In a separate pan, slowly fry the onion in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes, then add the cream and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, lemon juice, mustard and parsley.
- 6Put the fish, prawns, sweetcorn and eggs into an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and gently mix together.
- 7Mash the potatoes with a little olive oil, seasoning and nutmeg. Spread over the top of the fish mixture and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are golden.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Fish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.8
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 888.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 50.3 g