Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
This is a recipe that seems to be highly sought after in the Phillippines. It has the texture of a muffin and the flavor of an angel-food cake. While enjoyable plain, is very good with buttercream frosting as well.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- 10 -20 drops yellow food coloring, as needed for color
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk (2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, sugar, cream of tartar and soft butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend for 4 minutes at lowest speed.
- Stir together in a separate bpowl the bread flour, cake flour, and baking powder. Stir together vanilla, water, yellow color and condensed milk in another small bowl.
- Add wet and dry ingredients along with oil alternately to mixer until it forms a smooth batter.
- Fill each well-greased muffin cup with 1/2 cup batter. Bake for 22 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to finish cooling.