- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry, or, 2 T sherry vinegar
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain & return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add veggies, and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms have released their liquid, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sherry, scraping up any brown bits; bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated.
- Whisk milk and flour in a bowl; add to the skillet with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in Asiago until melted. Toss the pasta and the sauce. Serve with more cheese, if desired.