This a a very creamy alfredo sauce. I found it in my sister's cookbook when I was looking for recipes one day. She had never tried it and doesn't know where she got it from. I decided to give it a try and haven't stopped making it since. It is one of my husbands favorite recipes I make. I also have a few other fans in the family too. It is very easy and quick. Try adding chicken and shrimp to the alfredo sauce.It's delicious! I gave you the details below. I made some changes to the way I make the recipe so I will just give you the directions for how I make it, not what the recipe says.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed (you can use 1/3 less fat if you prefer)
- 3⁄4 cup kraft grated parmesan cheese (NOT THE POWDER KIND!!!)
- 1⁄2 cup Parkay margarine (I use butter)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (you will mostly likely use 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups throughout the entire simmering process)
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked, drained
- 1 boneless chicken breast, uncooked, if desired
- 1⁄2 lb deveined and peeled shrimp, uncooked, if desired
- Go ahead and start your boiling water for the fettuccine noodles and let them cook while you are preparing the sauce.
- **This is the way I make it: In a large saucepan, on LOW to MEDIUM heat, begin melting the cream cheese first and then add the butter so it will not burn. Once the cream cheese is almost melted, add the milk. Once the milk gets warm or hot, add the freshly grated parmesan cheese. As the mixture thickens, add more milk to the amount of your desire, probably an additional 1/2 cup of milk, maybe even 1 additional cup of milk. Be careful or you will add too much and it will not thicken anymore. Keep stirring as you are simmering on LOW heat until smooth.
- ***I like to add chicken and shrimp to the fettuccine mixture too. (In a separate saucepan, cook the chicken with some olive oil, Mrs. Dash original, Lawry's garlic salt blend and salt and pepper. Once the chicken is nearly cooked go ahead and add the shrimp since it doesn't take as long to cook. After the chicken and shrimp are cooked completely, add it to the alfredo mixture. Serve the sauce with chicken and shrimp in one serving dish and your fettucine noodles in a different dish. Enjoy!