Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from the magazine Real Simple. The article was titled '9 Healthy Pre dinner Snacks'. http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/gallery/0,21863,1094716-7,00.html
- 2 cups yogurt
- 3 ounces feta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt in a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Discard the liquid and spoon the thickened yogurt into a small bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled Feta cheese, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted walnuts, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce.
- Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Pair Feta-Walnut Dip with cherry tomatoes, a whole-wheat pita, or baby carrots.