Recipe by Charmed
This makes a creamy, rich salad dressing that is also great as a dip. I found it at the Treasure Cave Cheese website.
Top Review by Dotty2
Very good. My husband loved it. I thinned the dressing and used it over greens and my husband used it as a dip. For visitors I would make up little salad plates with assorted greens and drizzle the dressing.
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- With a fork, mash the cheese and buttermilk together until it resembled the consistency of cottage cheese.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit, covered, in the refrigerator at least a few hours to blend flavors.
- If it's too thick, just add a little milk until it's the texture you desire.
- This is sooo good on a salad with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, slices of red onions, and kalamata or ripe olives.