Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this recipe years ago, but made it for the first time recently because it was on an index card I decided NOT to toss. This dressing was a HUGE hit at dinner.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Combine yogurt, cheese and oil. Mix well.
- Stir in basil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Alternatively-Put every thing in the blender and let 'er rip.
This was so good! I used fat-free feta and nonfat yogurt, but it still tasted sinfully rich. I made it as written except I went ahead and put in a whole tablespoon of balsamic, and I used freshly ground black pepper instead of white. We had this on a salad of baby spinach leaves, watercress, thinly sliced grilled sirloin, red onion, tomato, and pears, and it was perfect. (As I was making the salad, I used some of the dressing as a dip for the pears, and yum! Try it!)
Very easy and tasty dressing. I made it to go in my chicken wrap sandwiches; but, also used in on salad for a few days. Very good dressing.