This is another one of my mother's recipes. This soup is very satisfying in the fall. I like it with my mother's cornbread recipe, that is also posted here. For those on a low fat or low salt diets, this is easily adapted by leaving out the cream and salt.
- 709.77 ml zucchini, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 709.77 ml yellow squash, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 473.18 ml green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 473.18 ml potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 473.18-946.36 ml vegetable broth, for steaming
- 118.29 ml cream, optional
- 118.29 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for garnish (optional)
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced for garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Set up steamer with vegetable broth in bottom.
- Place all vegetables, except for green onions, in steamer and steam till tender.
- Remove vegetables from steamer and puree, in batches, in food processor or blender till smooth and creamy.
- Stir in cream, if desired, and enough vegetable broth to make a creamy, velvet texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions and parmesain/reggiano, if desired.