For a thick shake, place the milk in the freezer for about 10 minutes before blending. If possible chill the espresso mixture too. Found this recipe in Readers Digest.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over low heat; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour half of the espresso mixture into a blender. Add 2 cups of the milk, 4 of the ice cubes and 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Blend until thick and foamy.
- Pour into 2 tall (16 oz) glasses.
- Repeat with the remaining espresso mixture, milk, ice and vanilla.