Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
The ingredients read "½ vegetable bouillon cube" but it's really "however much dry vegetable broth mix required to prepare one cup of broth as per package directions."
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 eggplant, cut in one inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- In a dutch oven with a lid, over medium heat, add oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until it begins to turn golden.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, and chili powder, and stir until bouillon is dissolved.
- Add eggplant. Cover, raise the heat to "high", and then leave to cook for 15 minutes, stirring on occasion. Remove the lid and cook for another five minutes, or until the eggplant is fully cooked.
- Turn the heat down to "low" and add cream, stirring for a minute. Remove from heat and serve.