Recipe by GzNKz4evr
This was made for me once and I mimiced what I remembered of it. You could add fresh vegetables or a breakfast meat if preferred. Fairly quick to prepare, but will taste like you worked very hard on it. We love this for brunch over the holidays.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese in mircowave.
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper, and milk in a large bowl. Incorporate cream cheese. Mixture will be lumpy, but will incorporate evenly when cooked. Set aside.
- Roll out both crescent roll containers side by side and seal edges on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Pour in egg mixture and cook until fluffy.
- Arrange eggs down the center of the dough. Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs. If vegetables or meat is added, put over egg mixture now. Our family likes bacon or ham occassionally - squash, tomatoes, avacado, and spinach are some vegetables we have tried - cheese is to taste; sometimes feta, provolone, swiss, or cheddar.
- Bring sides of rolls up and seal over mixture completely. Pinch edges together to keep from separating.
- Bake calzone for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown.