Recipe by Debbie R.
I don't think it can get much easier. This one got a double thumbs up from DH. It's important to use frozen mashed potatoes and not dried, instant mashed potatoes. This was published in The Columbus Dispatch.
Top Review by Ilysse
I used Simply Potatoes brand mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives. I also used 2% milk. I wanted to bacon this but I didn't have any on hand. I added a head of broccoli flowerets that I steamed first and used approx 1.5 or 2 cups of cheese. It was very good and well recived by the whole family. Next time I'll add the bacon and scallion but tonight I was just using up stuff that needed using ;-)
- 4 cups frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped scallion (optional)
- cooked crumbled bacon (optional)