Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick and easy. Can be doubled. Use vegetable stock if staying away from meats. Add a couple drops of green food coloring for St. Patty's Day. Don't tell the kids they'll love it!
- 1 pint Brussels sprout, washed and cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1⁄2 grated fresh nutmeg
- white pepper
- hot pepper sauce, dashes to your liking (green)
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook Brussels sprout in water till tender 5 minutes.
- Put into blender and puree till smooth.
- Return back to pot and add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes stirring not to stick to bottom of pan.
Very good and very easy. It has a very nice texture, too. I used fresh minced onions instead of dried and only 1 tbsp of butter. I liked the dash of hot sauce. This one's a keeper. Thanx for sharing!
Fantastic!!! Brussel sprouts are my favorite veggie and I love beeing able to use them in a new way, other than side dish. This soup is light, creamy, and so tasty. I did not use any hot sauce and used black pepper instead of white. Next time I will double the recipe because it was not enough for me! Thank you Rita! This is a great recipe for the sprouts lovers!
White Pepper and Chicken Stock add a very nice compliment to the sprouts.