Recipe by Sweet**Fuzion
This is SO GOOD!!! Very rich and absolutely fabulous. Serve with a caesar salad and garlic bread and you are in heaven on earth!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb dungeness crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the penne according to directions in salted water then drain and lightly oil and set aside.
- Saute the shallots and garlic in the butter over med-low heat until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add the heavy cream and reduce the cream over the heat for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine, sugar, salt and pepper, and pinch of cayenne and reduce heat to low heat and continue to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the crabmeat and all of the penne, and the parmessan cheese and gently toss together.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with dill, extra parmessan and remaining dungeness crab.