1 hr 15 mins
These are delicious creamy potatoes. Potato rosettes give this casserole a pretty touch, but you can also skip this step if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In pot, combine potatoes, garlic, 1 t salt and water to cover by 1 inch.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Coat 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- 6Return potatoes and garlic to pot; mash.
- 7Stir in sour cream, butter, egg, Parmesan cheese, pepper, nutmeg and remaining salt until smooth.
- 8Spread 5 cups potatoes in baking dish.
- 9Place remaining potatoes in large pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe rosettes over potatoes in dish.
- 10Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11If desired, garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Duchess Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 640.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g