Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
These are delicious creamy potatoes. Potato rosettes give this casserole a pretty touch, but you can also skip this step if you like.
- In pot, combine potatoes, garlic, 1 t salt and water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Return potatoes and garlic to pot; mash.
- Stir in sour cream, butter, egg, Parmesan cheese, pepper, nutmeg and remaining salt until smooth.
- Spread 5 cups potatoes in baking dish.
- Place remaining potatoes in large pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe rosettes over potatoes in dish.
- Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If desired, garnish with chives.
This was fantastic! I wish I wasn't on a diet, I could have eaten more! Then again, maybe it's a good thing I'm on a diet. Thanks!