Recipe by Lainey39
These are delicious creamy potatoes. Potato rosettes give this casserole a pretty touch, but you can also skip this step if you like.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot, combine potatoes, garlic, 1 t salt and water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Return potatoes and garlic to pot; mash.
- Stir in sour cream, butter, egg, Parmesan cheese, pepper, nutmeg and remaining salt until smooth.
- Spread 5 cups potatoes in baking dish.
- Place remaining potatoes in large pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe rosettes over potatoes in dish.
- Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If desired, garnish with chives.