Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great dressing for crispy romaine, but is great on any greens.I make a salad with crisp romaine, thinly sliced red onion and some crunchy homemade croutions that have been sprinkled with Parmesan cheese as soon as they come out of the deep fryer. Very delish! This can be doubled, or made to accommodate a larger group of people. I serve this salad dressing on the side. You may use ready made croutons, or make them yourself.
For the salad
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, washed and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1⁄4 of a medium red onion, sliced thin
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, fried until crisp, then crumbled
For the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Add the onion slices and then the croutons.
- Finish off with the grated Parmesan cheese. Keep chilled until serving.
LOVED it! I eat a ton of salads and I'm always looking for new and tasty ways to make it and this fit the bill. The dressing is just perfect for this salad. I felt like I was eating something bad! Thanks, Fluffster! I will be making this again!