1/2 Photos of Creamy Dreamy Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole
I was looking for an easy and fast Mexican casserole and I got a few ideas from a couple recipes here on Zaar and then added my own touches and ingredients. This is an extra creamy casserole, just delicious! And this is a very versatile recipe. Use whatever type of meat you'd like, delete the onions for an even faster prep time, add jalapeños, etc. Delete the tortillas and it is an awesome enchilada filling or even an appetizer dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) rotisserie roasting chicken
- 3/4 cup medium yellow onion, chopped (about half medium onion)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1Pull apart chicken into bits and/or tiny strips into a large bowl.
- 2Over medium heat sauté onions to desired texture.
- 3Mix together chicken, taco seasoning, refried beans and Rotel tomatoes (with juices) and onions.
- 4Mix together Southwest style condensed soup & sour cream in medium bowl.
- 5In a medium casserole dish spread half the sour cream mixture on the bottom.
- 6Then tear 1 tortilla into pieces on top of sour cream mixture.
- 7Add 1/2 chicken mixture on top of that & then a layer of cheese.
- 8Repeat layers and sprinkle cheese on top.(For an extra crunchy top, add an extra layer of torn tortilla between 2 cheese layers).
- 9Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 10Both the chicken mixture & sour cream mixture can be mixed ahead of time & stored in the fridge.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Dreamy Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.5
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 2080.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
taco blend cheese