Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
I got this sauce out of a vegetarian cook book. I have made some adjustments, and I encourage you to as well. Goes best with filled pastas, especially cheesy filled pastas.
- 1 (16 ounce) package tortellini
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook filled pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and the garlic at the same time, stirring until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Return the sauce to low heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately over pasta.