I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
I got this sauce out of a vegetarian cook book. I have made some adjustments, and I encourage you to as well. Goes best with filled pastas, especially cheesy filled pastas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook filled pasta according to package directions.
- 2Heat the oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the mushrooms and the garlic at the same time, stirring until mushrooms are tender.
- 4Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Return the sauce to low heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- 6Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 7Serve immediately over pasta.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy, Dreamy, and Most Importantly Easy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 609.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g