Recipe by Samiyah2
this really good and quick...i got this recipe off the back of the box and altered it
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta uncovered for 10-12 minute.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Over med. heat, cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese and yield 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Drain pasta and stir into mixture.
- Spoon half the pasta mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish; spread ricotta cheese over so you can have a nice middle layer of cheese (there may be some ricotta cheese left over).
- Add remaining pasta mixture; cover and bake for 25 minute or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover immediately and top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese; let stand 10 minute before serving.