Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really like this sauce served with all kinds of smoked fish (salmon and trout immediately come to mind) - it really complements the richness of the fish, without masking the wonderful smoky flavour.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine well; if using the sugar, stir a bit longer to ensure it dissolves.
- Put into a pretty crock, top with a dill sprig, and serve alongside your favourite smoked or cold, poached fish.
I used fat-free Greek yogurt for the base, and it worked great. Used with poached salmon, but I am saving the leftovers to use with other fish. Really enhanced the flavor of the fish. I see this recipe has been up for a long time, but it is still a winner!
This is the first time I have tasted dill sauce over fish...We loved it. Put it over swordfish.
I did use non fat sour cream and Brownwood Farms Kream Mustard instead of dijon.
Great! I was looking for this dipping sauce, I had it before, but never knew how to make it. Thanks for the post evelyn