Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creamy, tasty potato dish that can be made ahead and baked when ready to serve. Recipe found on the Web.
- Boil potatoes until almost done, then peel and dice.
- Spread potatoes out evenly into casserole dish.
- Mix together butter, milk and flour and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook for 1 minute more, then remove from heat.
- Add mayonnaise and rest of ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture over potatoes in casserole.
- Sprinkle paprika and additional dill on top, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
This is a very delicous potato dish!!I doubled the recipe and only used paprika for top.Thanks so much for posting this recipe Dianne
Great flavors but it was a little rich for me. I used skim milk and also used red potatoes, diced them, leaving the skin on and then boiled them. I think leaving the skin on gave the dish a good additional texture. Thank you for posting!
Hi! This was an exceptional potato dish! I served it with halibut and it was just fantastic. We did use the extra dill and paprika on top and I'm glad we did. Next time I might reduce the flour down to 1 tablespoon and see if it makes for a silkier sauce -- but it's hard to tamper with perfection! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. Dianne