Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creamy, tasty potato dish that can be made ahead and baked when ready to serve. Recipe found on the Web.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- Boil potatoes until almost done, then peel and dice.
- Spread potatoes out evenly into casserole dish.
- Mix together butter, milk and flour and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook for 1 minute more, then remove from heat.
- Add mayonnaise and rest of ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture over potatoes in casserole.
- Sprinkle paprika and additional dill on top, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Hi! This was an exceptional potato dish! I served it with halibut and it was just fantastic. We did use the extra dill and paprika on top and I'm glad we did. Next time I might reduce the flour down to 1 tablespoon and see if it makes for a silkier sauce -- but it's hard to tamper with perfection! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. Dianne
Delicate - Different - Delightful Unlike scalloped potatoes, the thick sauce stays mostly on top allowing the potato flavor to dominate. I microwaved 2 very large baking potatoes, covered, in 1 inch of water for 6 minutes each side. I sprinkled the sauce with paprika and extra dill before baking. Next time I would soften the sauce a bit with an extra 1/4 cup of milk because baking potatoes are drier than other varieties. A lovely subtle side dish. Thanks marie and welcome to Zaar.
This is a very delicous potato dish!!I doubled the recipe and only used paprika for top.Thanks so much for posting this recipe Dianne