Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I probably like this recipe because I like dill; but give it a try, and see if it is just me.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chervil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups heated milk
- 1⁄3 stalk celery, diced
- Place potatoes, onion and celery in saucepan.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper.
- Partly cover and bring to boil.
- Cook 18 minutes over medium heat or according to size of potatoes.
- Potatoes should be fully cooked.
- Drain vegetables, but keep the liquid!
- You`ll need it
- Return the liquid to the saucepan.
- Cook over high heat reduce the liquid by 1/4 of original amount.
- While waiting for liquid to reduce preheat the milk.
- I recommend 55 to 130 seconds depending on microwave oven.
- Milk should be warm if dropped on the wrist.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Pour milk into saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked vegetables, nutmeg and dill.
- Pepper to taste.
- Cook 4 minutes over very low heat.
- Do not allow milk to boil at any time during aforementioned step.
- Sprinkle with chervil and Voila!