Bill Delday's Note:
I probably like this recipe because I like dill; but give it a try, and see if it is just me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, onion and celery in saucepan.
- 2Add water and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Partly cover and bring to boil.
- 4Cook 18 minutes over medium heat or according to size of potatoes.
- 5Potatoes should be fully cooked.
- 6Drain vegetables, but keep the liquid!
- 7You`ll need it
- 8Return the liquid to the saucepan.
- 9Cook over high heat reduce the liquid by 1/4 of original amount.
- 10While waiting for liquid to reduce preheat the milk.
- 11I recommend 55 to 130 seconds depending on microwave oven.
- 12Milk should be warm if dropped on the wrist.
- 13Remove saucepan from heat.
- 14Pour milk into saucepan, stirring constantly.
- 15Add cooked vegetables, nutmeg and dill.
- 16Pepper to taste.
- 17Cook 4 minutes over very low heat.
- 18Do not allow milk to boil at any time during aforementioned step.
- 19Sprinkle with chervil and Voila!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Dill Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1788.5
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 1175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.5 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 62.5 g