Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds like a lovely, lower fat, summer salad with a bit of a twist on traditional potato salad. I've not tried it yet, but have had similar versions and have been looking for a potato salad with peas. I've actually combined three recipes here and am looking forward to giving this one a go. Prep time does not include chill time. Note: Always slightly undercook potatoes for salads, since they keep cooking after they're drained and you don't want mushy salad. Warm potatoes soak up more dressing than cold ones.
- Slice, but do not peel, baby potatoes in half (quarter if they are larger).
- Place in large saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium and simmer 10 - 12 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender (see note in description). Add peas during last minute. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix bacon pieces, green onions and red pepper pieces in with potatoes and peas.
- In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, buttermilk, dill, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (flavour improves if refrigerated overnight).
- Potatoes absorb dressing as they sit so you may add up to 50 ml more buttermilk or even some sour cream.
wowser this is good, it you like,err love potato skins this is a salad for you,i wasnt feeling the red pepper ,but the rest was a party in my mouth
We were tired of our usual mayo based potato salad, and this one sounded soooo good. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as good as it sounded. No one really cared for it. Not sure why, as all the ingredients sounded lovely. Served with grilled chicken.