Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is for the dill pickle lovers! Nice served along with Cherry Ginger Glazed Ham makes a meal very easy to prepare because you can make this the day before and the ham is so easy just add some greens or make ham sandwiches.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 large dill pickle, diced
- 4 -6 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with the pickle juice and gentle toss.
- Mix 1 cup mayonnaise with mustard, onion, dill, pickle and eggs add to potatoes stirring in and season with salt and pepper.
- Adding more mayonnaise to the creaminess you desire.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
Yummy! I loved this, so did my husband and so did my co-workers as I brought it for a potluck. I followed the recipe but omitted the eggs. The sauce was the perfect amount. I also left the skins on the potatoes. I'll be making this again but I want to add even more pickle juice and pickles and I think it would also be good with olives and other "pickled" things...Thanks for the recipe Rita L! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I omitted the pickle juice to help lower the sodium. All else was by the recipe. I prefer a "simple" potato without a lot of add in's and this fits the bill perfectly. The flavor is rich and full with a very good depth. There is no "but it needs something" feeling with this salad because it doesn't need another thing. Rita's lovely photo is a perfect representation of this yummy salad.
This is awesome. I am making it for the second time for lunch with my parents. Great recipe!