Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals by J. Pare. When I made this myself, I found the sauce to be a little bland, feel free to add additional spices if desired.
- 3 cups broad egg noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until tender but firm and then drain into a colander.
- Gradually stir milk into flour until no lumps remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until boiling.
- Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Add noodles to mixture and serve.
- To freeze: Let cool and then transfer to freezer container. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw completely and then bake until heated through. You may have to add a bit of milk to replace some moisture lost in the freezing process.
sooo good!! & goes with anything you might be serving,except another pasta dish or course. I made it exactly as posted & the flavors were just great. thanx for the recipe.
Bland. I like the idea. Needs more flavor. Will need to tweak.
This is a good base recipe to add on to. Easy and CHEAP to make! My kids and I didn't like the recipe when followed exactly. I added chicken. It was VERY bland, no taste. I will use again with the following changes. More salt, to taste for us was much more than a pinch. I am also going to add some garlic and onion and more butter in the base.