Recipe by * Pamela *
From Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals by J. Pare. When I made this myself, I found the sauce to be a little bland, feel free to add additional spices if desired.
- 3 cups broad egg noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until tender but firm and then drain into a colander.
- Gradually stir milk into flour until no lumps remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until boiling.
- Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Add noodles to mixture and serve.
- To freeze: Let cool and then transfer to freezer container. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw completely and then bake until heated through. You may have to add a bit of milk to replace some moisture lost in the freezing process.