Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
TOH Quick Cooking
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup red onion ring
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonaisse sour cream, dressing mix, dill, celery seed and pepper.
- Stir in the cucumbers and onion.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Made for Spring PAC 2010, this tasty recipe works very well as a lower in calories & fat version of a creamy cucumber salad. I halved the recipe & otherwise made it as written. The sauce was thin early on, but I made it early in the afternoon & was able to allow refrigeration time for the flavors to blend & the sauce consistency to improve. I suggest this process or a reduction of the amt of milk used. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. btw, we did not want to waste the tasty sauce & did not bother using a slotted spoon. :-)